Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Shifting Realities

I got into a (great) program! Yippee!!! I am still waiting on hearing back from another school. Both programs are on the east coast though, so it is safe to say that I will be moving to the east coast sometime this summer!

Since hearing in mid-December that I didn't get into UCSF I've been working on so many back-up plans. Even back-up plans of back-up plans. And I've been acting as though I wouldn't get in anywhere (to keep my expectations low). Which means I've been trying to set it up so that I can apply to as many schools as possible and make myself as valued as possible. That means taking many random, school-specific requirements and trying to volunteer a lot. So after hearing the news that I got in this morning, and after being all happy about that, I have spent a lot of time thinking about the next few months and how they're actually going to be. There are many things I don't have to do now. And there are many things I have to do now (like figure out how I'm gonna pay for it all !)

It's strange. My whole reality is kind of shifting. But I'm not complaining.

This is a good day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Y. said...

I know I alreay told you, but congrats again! So happy for you.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Congrats!!! Sad you'll be so far away, but I'm SO happy for you!!!!

ch

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com