Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Woe is Us

Last night was so hot. It was like Hades in my room. Seriously, Pluto (Hades) would have been able to chill there comfortably.

I don't want it to get more hot than this. EVER.

I have been aware of/concerned about global warming for some time now, but this heat makes me even more scared.

Soon my apartment will be right on the sand, but we won't be able to use the beach because the sand will be so hot that it will give third degree burns through our beachy sandals. We'll need special beach boots just to survive on the path down to the water.

(I am being a bit dramatic).

Another fabulous side-effect of the heat and humidity: mosquitoes. They love me. But they usually love me in places other than So Cal. Not the case any more. I have two fat mosquito bites on my legs.

After having just had Microbio, it is hard not to think about all the serious diseases mosquitoes can pass on. And due to global warming, the range of Malaria infection will spread more north over time. They already have a small number of cases in Baja. So now not only do we have to worry about Hep B (if you haven't been vaccinated) and West Nile (CA has more cases of WN than any other state--don't worry though, there's only a 3% mortality rate), we also get to worry about Malaria.

Joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com