Monday, July 24, 2006

A Higher Bar

On Saturday I hung out with the most perfect man I've ever met. But he lives in Germany. Thus, it is pointless.

That doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy our several hours together, and that doesn't mean I am not sad that he had to leave. Really, all it means is that life can be so unfair sometimes. The other b*tch of it all is that now he's raised the bar. And the bar was already too high! I've spent the past couple of years trying to lower the stupid bar. And then he just swoops in and changes everything...

When I'm with him, I don't think about anything else. We were at the beach for almost 4 hours on Saturday and I don't remember one single detail about anything other than us. What we talked about, what we said, where we sat--that's all I remember. And any thoughts and concerns I had prior to our meeting (e.g. "don't like him...he lives in Germany!") go so far out the window I forget that thoughts like that could ever even exist. It's like he's my kryptonite.

The funny thing is, we talked about the No Number Boy
(NNB) and German boy so quickly summarized the situation and why I would lose interest that I'm almost completely turned off to NNB now.

German boy just gets me. He gets me so well that it shocks me.

And the only conclusion I keep coming back to is that this is all just so unfair.


1 Comments:

Blogger Y. said...

Oh, I'm so sorry Em. =(

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com