Monday, August 29, 2005

The Best Beds of All Time

I am a big bed snob. And by "bed snob" I mean that I love nice beds and nice bedding--it's a big deal to me and it really is the way to my heart. So a la the E! and The Travel Channel, I've decided to create a list of the top 5 beds of all time. Criteria for making the list includes the following things: comfort of the mattress, quality of the sheets (not necessarily thread count, but how they feel), fluffy-ness of the down comforter, and pillows--are they down and how comfortable are they? Bonus points for feather beds.

Please note: this list has nothing to do with aesthetics--most of my friends have beautiful beds.

In the number 5 position, we have the bed of the Firecracker. Comfortable, chic and appropriately bachelor-esque. Even though he's dumb, his bed was cool.

In the number 4 position, we have the bed of my friend Y. I have always known she has great style, but was unaware of how cool her bed actually was until I had to sleep there one night. Super comfy. In fact, it inspired me to make further improvements to my own bed. Which brings me to my next favorite bed....

In number 3, we have my own bed. I wasn't sure if this is allowed--it feels sort of cheesy naming my own bed as one of the top 5, but frankly it is. It is sort of tied with Y's in number 4 (we have the same sheets and we both have a feather bed). The only reason it surpasses Y's is because I sleep in it every night, so I am biased.

In number 2, we have a brand new entry--the beds at the Viceroy in Palm Springs. I think I had the best nap of my life in this bed. And I'm not a napper. Of course, the napping could have had something to do with the lack of sleep the night before, being in the sun all day, and the pool-side cocktails, but....I'm gonna believe that it was about the mattress, the fluffy Euro-sized pillows, the crisp cool sheets, and the down comforter--it was the perfect weight for a dessert hotel.



And finally, time for the number one best bed of all time. In my experience, the Cabo Surf Hotel in Cabo San Lucas tops the list. It's hard to separate ambiance from the bedding, but even without the view of the ocean and sounds of the waves right outside the window, the 420 thread-count 100% Egyptian Cotton sheets and down comforter make this bed my number one pick.



1 Comments:

Blogger Y. said...

I'm flattered Em!! If I ever find time to make my bed, I'll take a picture of it and send it to you so I can be up on your blog!

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com