Thursday, August 18, 2005

Something Challenging This Way Comes (part 2)

So I'm tired of this story. Basically, it was a stressful week where I was constantly unsure what would happen. I got in in the end, but at one point after they told me I was in, I thought I might get kicked out again. It was a tense night! Everyone felt the same way and people were getting antsy and snippy with each other. At one point, I thought a cat-fight would break out between two very tough and serious looking girls. During the process, I was talking to this other girl who was enrolled in the course, and I hate to say this, but she wasn't the brightest tool in the shed. She was worried that the course would be too hard and said she might drop it if it was. When she said this, I turned to her and said, half-jokingly, I'll pay you for your spot. Everyone laughed, but I meant it. Seriously. I needed this course and I KNEW she wouldn't be able to hang. Paying her $100 for her seat would still make my total JC costs less than what it would cost me (in money and time) to take my backup course at UCLA.

Fortunately though, I didn't have to pay. It made me wonder though, is that illegal?

Once lecture started, the prof started spitting out all these medical and Latin terms for various body parts. My hand was moving furiously across the page trying to keep up and I was trying to remember everything she was saying. I had been so worried about getting this course that I never stopped to consider that it might actually be hard.

Whatever. I'm going to kick a**. I will know everything there is to know about anatomy and I plan on breaking all the curves. And so, there goes my life for the next 18 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com