Friday, August 12, 2005

Friday the 13th Minus One

I think my apartment may have a ghost.

This morning when I pushed open my bedroom door, my roommate's bedroom light was on--which meant she was still at home. I was wearing skimpier PJs, so I went back into my room to put on my robe. When I came out of my room though, I noticed the General's light wasn't on after all. There were no signs that she was in the house and no noise, so the fact that the light WAS on and then was off minutes later was odd. I shrugged it off and went to the bathroom, where I took a shower, and proceeded to get ready for the day. Upon exiting the bathroom I was shocked to see THE LIGHT WAS ON. This time, I actually stopped mid-hallway and looked around. Maybe the General hadn't left yet...I checked to see if her car was there but it was gone. I went back to the hall area and saw the light still on. A little freaked out, I decided it was best to proceed with my routine. Maybe it was just a short circuit or power surge or something. Those cause lights to come on and off unexpectedly, right??

By the time I was ready to go to work, the light was still on. I turned it off and left the apartment.

When I got to my car I noticed my front left tire looked really flat. But since my car was in the garage where it is cramped and dark, I couldn't get a good look at it. I backed out onto the drive way and noticed, with much annoyance, that it was completely flat. Absolutely no air. Last night it had been fine. I drove home and there were no problems. This morning, absolutely no air. Fortunately, I have AAA. They came and changed the tire within a half hour. After removing the tire though, the AAA guy couldn't see any leaks or any problems with it. This could mean either a) there is a leak too small too see but large enough to complete dispense all the tire air over night, or b) there is a ghost messing with me.

I'm not too superstitious and would say that for the most part, I don't believe in ghosts but what if there really was one???

OTHER NEWS:
I have lunch with my WBF today. After a week of excited nerves about this lunch and about him, I am now feeling pretty neutral about things. I never expected anything to come out of my crush on him, and still don't. I do like him lots and enjoy hanging out with him, but I'm not sure how I feel about him romantically at the moment. I guess we'll see...

And finally, a SHOUT OUT to LR in NYC. Thanks for reading!

4 Comments:

Blogger Y. said...

ACK! Ghosts!!!! I may never come over again...I'm easily freaked out by things like that...

1:40 PM  
Blogger Y. said...

Also, I'm glad things aren't too weird between you and WBF. Okay, I should probably try to do some work today...

1:46 PM  
Blogger LJ said...

Big ups from NYC! love your blog--your funny/insightful writing never fails to entertain. biggest take-away: understanding how women view dates/dating!

11:51 AM  
Blogger vitamin g said...

spooky!

just be nice to the ghost and i am sure he/she will be nice back and hey, it seems to like haning out in the general's room, so it's more her ghost problem than yours! and maybe it was confused over whose car was whose!

and good luck w/ wbf!

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com