Monday, July 25, 2005

ML, the Amoeba

In the past, I have referred to myself (amongst friends and only in jest) that I am like an amoeba. I don't mean that I am a single-celled eukaryotic organism. I mean more that like an amoeba, I would like to just float along in my own world with no concern for much (including male amoeba). Anyone with any science background would raise an eyebrow at this because, well, we all know that amoebas are gender-less. I do realize this. Indulge me here. I like to think of it more that these organisms are so wonderfully simple they don't even have genders. And when an amoeba wants to reproduce, it merely divides. I don't plan on dividing any time soon (although I wouldn't mind dividing away a bit of my thigh fat), but I would like to live life as simply as an amoeba does without the hassle of dating men and trying to get one to love me. And it is in this way that I apply the term "amoeba" to myself: I would like to be--wait, no, I AM--a single, strong woman who has a fulfilling life all by myself, AKA, an amoeba.

Here are more details about real Amoebas that apply to "amoeba" like myself. Amoebas....

1) are complex and specialized [meaning, interesting and unique]
2) swim freely or are in contact [they are independent and also enjoy socializing with other amoeba friends]
3) move by means of flowing cytoplasm [in other words, they go with the flow]
4) live in shells, sometimes [to protect against evil non-amoeba things]
5) live [and thrive] in many different environments
6) survive when conditions are unfavorable by becoming cysts which can withstand drought, heat, or being eaten [amoebas are pretty damn resilient!]

Therefore, when I say that I want to be like an amoeba, that means I want to be interesting, unique, independent, social, "flowing," protective at the right times, resilient and flexible.

Look, here I am:


5 Comments:

Blogger vitamin g said...

you look so thin! how can you say that about your thighs!

:)

9:03 AM  
Blogger Follow the Frog said...

yes, well my amoeba alter-ego has thinner thighs. ;)

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

another great reading! My little amoebe!!!

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading your entry. I always knew you had the Smarts of writing stories. I remember when you were just a little sweet girl telling me different stories. You can be a great author. I will certainly buy your first novel.(NA)

10:29 AM  
Blogger Follow the Frog said...

Thanks nana! But you're biased...you have to love what I write.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com