Thursday, July 14, 2005

Ice Blendeds Can't Fix "Meh"

I had a really funny post in mind for today but I just can't muster up the energy to be funny. I think I am feeling down. For no good reason. I've been trying to ignore it all week (what they generally call denial), but I guess I kind of knew about it on some level because I tried to do all the things that make me feel better when I'm down. I watched stupid TV, hung out with friends, worked out (endorphins, where are you?!?), read Life & Style, made fun future plans, and tried to focus on my upcoming Cancun trip. Today, I even went as far as to get an ice blended from The Coffee Bean. One just opened near my work (within walking distance, this can be very dangerous...). I made myself get the No Sugar Added powder but let myself indulge in the whipped cream. So, there's less guilt, but still....not much enjoyment from it. The only good news I have today is that despite not doing WW for almost a month and despite eating pretty much what I want to eat, I have not gained weight. In fact, I've dropped a couple of pounds from the last time I weighed myself.

So it's sort of hard for me to admit that I am feeling kind of down. I always feel like I have to put on a happy face for friends and family. I don't always do that--and most of my close friends have seen me not at my best before, but I feel like I should always try and appear happy. Especially with my family. Sometimes it feels like if I don't act happy or have the ability to snap myself out of a bad mood, my family gets impatient and exasperated with me. Which, obviously doesn't do much to help the situation.

But I am dwelling on stupid things...let me move on. I have a date with the last guy from Match.com tonight. "Last" because I cancelled my membership for the month. With my upcoming trip and my general non-interest in match guys, I figured a break is in order. I hope to wow him with my bubbly personality and witty banter (Even though I'm feeling neither bubbly or witty, I'll manage somehow).


I am going shopping today at lunch with my mom. Maybe that will help. Bargains are always an inspiration.

2 Comments:

Blogger Y. said...

Add me to the list of people feeling "Meh" this week.

10:37 AM  
Blogger kq said...

I'm still "Meh" as well. Blame in on the weather. Or we can "blame it on the rain, yeah, yeah..." ah, Milli Vanilli. Good times. :) Good luck on your date tonight! You can wear some of the new clothes that you bought.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com