Friday, July 08, 2005

The Dark Side Can Groove

For Fourth of July weekend, KA, Babydoll and myself drove up to visit my very bestest friend KM for the weekend (KM is not mentioned in this blog too much because she lives far away, but we became friends long ago when we lived in the same place in England. She didn't like me when we first met because I was sick and she took my pre-vomiting demeanor for b*tchiness. Then I started not liking her because she seemed unfriendly to me. Then it was all resolved one night in our kitchen a few weeks later because she complemented me on my dark jeans and then I invited her out to the bar with my friends and I. The rest is history.) Anyways, KM lives in the WC. On Saturday night we decided to hit the bars downtown. And by bars I mean visiting one of their three hip and happening hot-spots.

After spending some quality time in one of the more fun (yet slightly country) establishments, we decided to hit up the next one. The next place is called Groove. I am naming it, which goes against the anonymity policy I try to maintain here on the Frog, because I hate it. GROOVE in WALNUT CREEK denied my friend KA and I in to the bar. For no reason. We are in our upper 20's, we had REAL ID's, we were not drunk, and four of our friends were let in ahead of us. Here's what happened: KA and I were in the back of the group. When we got to the bouncer, she and I were laughing about something. He said something about us being from out of town and asked where we were from. KA said in her super cheery cute voice "HB, C." Then the dumb bouncer handed back her ID (which he never even looked at), and said, "Sorry, you can't come in." KA and I thought he was joking so we responded with a, "Ha, ha, very funny." Then the bouncer said he was serious and wouldn't give an explanation as to why we couldn't come in. The rest of our friends tried to talk to him, but eventually we all left. KA and I were SO mad about this. And dumbfounded too...we have NEVER been turned away from a bar before. NEVER. Had we been less shocked and angry, we might have thought of talking to the manager.

We went back to the bar we had been at before and proceeded to have a good time! We danced to hip-hop with wannabe cowboys, followed by a 2am Jack in the Box feeding frenzy, and then a random, hilarious-when-drunk game that is too odd to explain here. But before things get all butterflies and rainbows, let me re-direct this post back to the original intent:

In all our passive aggressive efforts to attain revenge against GROOVE, we decided to take a photo of the place and post it on here (see image on left). We wanted to get a photo of the original dumb bouncer but instead got a photo of this other guy (who somehow knew we were rejected earlier in the night and still wouldn't let us in, thereby making him just as dumb).

GROOVE is UN-GROOVY.

2 Comments:

Blogger ka said...

i still can't believe that happened to me.....DENIED in the WC! That F*CKER must have issues with girls from HB!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Y. said...

Down with the GROOVE in WALNUT CREEK!! If they don't let hot women in there, how do they get any customers at all?!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com