Tuesday, July 31, 2007

To the North!

I have exciting news. I have planned a trip to Maine! I have reservations at a little B&B/Inn in Boothbay! There are a couple of lighthouses to visit, much coastline to explore and a few islands near by to visit by boat. I am heading up on Monday the 13th. I have reservations for two nights in Boothbay but I want to try and get up closer to Maine on Monday evening (it's about a 9 hour drive from Baltimore). I may stay at a friend's in CT on that night, or I may just do a small Holiday Inn off of the highway sort of thing somewhere mid-way (if my friend isn't in town).

Since no one could really go with me, I decided to go alone. Actually, I probably could have found someone from school to go with, but I want to spend a lot of time exploring and taking pictures. I never feel 100% comfortable taking as many pictures as I want when I'm with someone else. I feel like it gets in the way of what they want to do. So I'm actually looking forward to seeing a place I've always wanted to, AND not feeling like I'm making anyone else bored.

Additionally, this semester has been a significant time for me. So much change and so much progress...my head is kind of reeling from it all. This trip sort of feels like a reward and a retreat. And even though it's going to be cheap (traveling solo means no nice meals out!), I am justifying it as a you-survived-your-first-semester-AND-you're-turning-29 gift. So happy birthday to me!

P.S. Thanks to Nikki of Frogblog for the original advice on Boothbay. Thanks Eva for confirmation that Boothbay is a good place to go.

P.S.S. BEFORE I can play with any photos I take for my Maine trip, I MUST finish going through my pix from Spain and from my cross country adventure. You are all my witnesses and you must hold me accountable for this. If I should fail in this goal you are all free to kick me in the shin.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger nikki c said...

yay you! so glad you're going, you'll have a wonderful time and never want to leave! in boothbay, there is a little jewelry shop i love called "something silver." i always find good treats there. they have good quality stuff at reasonable prices. also: if you're driving nearly out of boothbay, past the town, a little down the road (if you're going NE), there's this little hotdog/burger stand that's red. they have picnic tables out front and the BEST fish sandwiches ever. haddock sandwich... mmmm, sounds like home comfort food to me (i'm showing my inner hick right now, yeah!). have fun! and happy upcoming birthday!

9:19 AM  
Blogger nikki c said...

on second thought, i think the jewelry store is called "a silver lining," not "something silver." either way, you'll find it, and it's lovely. ;)

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com