Friday, July 27, 2007

Maine, anyone?

Does anyone want to go explore the coast of Maine with me? I am off from school and on the east coast from August 10th through the 22nd. It's a 12 hour drive from Baltimore, so I was thinking of breaking that up with a stop over somewhere in between. I wasn't wanting to be gone more than 4-5 days, and the trip needs to be VERY cheap! I am considering even going back to my early travel days and hostel-ing it (if Hotwire doesn't provide a better option).

I know most of you are on the west coast and don't have tons of extra vacation time and vacation money lying around, but I thought I'd put it out there. In case you do.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I would definitely go with you if I didn't already have plans - Maine is something I've been meaning to explore myself. If for whatever reason the trip doesn't work out, keep me in mind!

5:58 PM  
Blogger nikki c said...

hi, dear ftf,
i used to live in bath, maine, and totally recommend bath as one of the towns you should visit. it's charming and small and very close to brunswick, home to bowdoin college (and a gorgeous campus). from bath, it's only 20 mins to the coast (popham beach or reid state park). camden is also gorgeous, but i often recommend smaller boothbay for a similar feel but smaller and less touristed. ironically, i never spent much time in portland (ironic because now i'm in the other portland) but do enjoy its little downtown and art museum. bar harbor is nice but heavily trafficked. don't forget to stop at little blueberry stands along the highway on your way. ;) acadia national park is completely worth it- it's truly stunning. and for good shopping, you can't be freeport, home of l.l. bean and a ton of outlet shops. have fun, and get a frappe for me! ps, you can get lobster rolls at mcdonald's in maine!
love,
frogblog (nikki c)

10:19 AM  
Blogger Y. said...

Wish I could but don't have the vacation time or the money unfortunately. I'm actually finding myself missing the East Coast a bit.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Eva said...

home sweet maine. i second the acadia and boothbay recommendations--they are among the most beautiful places i've ever seen. if you want some secluded beaches and are willing to go a little further to avoid the massachusetts tourists, i recommend lamoine beach and castine...foggy, rocky, gorgeous. :) this is the nicest time of year to go--i'm jealous!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com