Thursday, July 26, 2007

Like a Blister in the Sun

I went to a free Violent Femme concert last Friday night. As someone who desperately wanted to see them live during her 16-year-old punk/alternative concert-going days, I was thrilled to get to see them now (finally) and for free! I was also surprised that half the girls in my program didn't know who they were. More proof that I am old.

I told my mom that I was at a Violent Femme concert via text message. When I got home I saw this email:

"Why were you at a violent concert? I hope you are okay. Be careful."

I called her later and, apparently, after sending the email, my dad explained that the Violent Femmes are a band. We all laughed about it.

Speaking of generations and age....

One of my patients today thought I was 23. Great, right? Well it turns out she was blind. Apparently my voice sounded young.

Some random pictures:

A B'more sunset from my apartment the other night.














Lanterns over the concert venue.


















Note: For those from other generations, this title comes from one of the most well-known Violent Femme songs. Even the young people know it. Not by title though. You have to sing it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com