Wednesday, March 15, 2006

That's MY Red Crayon

The Evil Sith Lord and his colleagues (two other VPs) made me join them for lunch yesterday. We were discussing budgets and forecasts for our next fiscal. Being the lame duck that I am, it was very easy for me to detach from their discussion. Me and my passive malaise just sat back and listened casually, glancing around the restaurant and swinging my feet (we were sitting at the bar in higher chairs). At one moment, when the "conversation" turned a bit more heated, I was forced out of my comfortable thoughtlessness. I turned to the VPs and had this realization: here were three grown men, dressed in suits, cloaked in ego and wrapped up in self-importance clamoring for power and money. But really, how different are they from a bunch of school boys fighting over who gets the red crayon? Or racing to see who can get higher on the swing first? Sure, now the money they play with is real, and the suits they dress in are not Dad's hand-me-downs, but it's still all just about the red crayon.

2 Comments:

Blogger vitamin g said...

my blog's better than your blog nah :P

it might've worked, had your blog not been so far superior than mine :)

i think this is a case for y's shirt:

"boys r stupid, lets' throw rocks at them"

4:47 PM  
Blogger Follow the Frog said...

Word, Vitamin G.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com