Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Melrose Du Jour

Last night at 1:39 AM I woke up to a front door slamming and a car screeching out the driveway and down the street. A few minutes later, as I tried to shake off the noises and re-enter the land of sleep, I heard my bedroom neighbor (apartment 3 girl) talking on the phone with someone. I heard her warning about DUIs, insisting that they (whomever she was talking to) pull over and promising that she would go pick them up. I heard her leave and was not quite fully back into a deep sleep when the sounds of her return woke me up. Turns out DUI boy is apartment 1 guy. They went into his apartment and I thought, "ah...quiet at last." I assumed the raucous sex from a couple weekends ago wouldn't be happening because a) last night was Monday (read: a work night!) and b) he was probably pretty drunk (I optimistcally assumed there would be some mechanical difficulties).

I started falling asleep again, only to be woken up a little later when--for some reason--they came back to her apartment and were going at it. Only this time, I heard him too. It really disturbed me and I almost knocked on the wall.

Why--WHY--would they be doing it at her apartment when she has a roommate (TCN) and when she lives smack in the middle of the complex with VERY thin walls?!?! All while apartment 1 guy has no roommate and lives alone on the end of the building. WHY? WHY?

I drifted off to sleep again but woke only a half hour later to a new noise. Apparently, apartment 1 guy snores. Lovely.

The whole incident was spread out across 2 hours. The last time I looked at the clock it was 3:42. Now more than ever I am second guessing my goal to cut back on caffeine this week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Y. said...

Wow, the drama continues...da da DUH (*cue dramatic music*)

4:52 PM  
Blogger ka said...

(in announcer voice) stay tuned for next weeks drama of Melrose in the LBC.....(now cue dram music)

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com