Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Queen of Metabolism, Her Bed and other Stories

Today, for all 5 of my dear readers--I am going to post a little smorgasbord of events from the past week.

1) Last Friday night, BD and I went out in HB for a little good old fashioned drinking/flirting/dancing fun. At one point, while ordering drinks, I met myself a nice guy. We'll call him ABF (you'll understand the nickname later). ABF and I hit it off. He was nice and cute and appropriately chatty. His friends came up to us at one point to tell ABF that they were leaving and going to another bar across the way. Then my friends came up for similar reasons. Around this time, ABF kissed me. A la my new policy of being very honest in relationships (it IS the EA*), I told him up-front that while I was enjoying myself, I was not going to put out. He seemed okay with this. We decided to leave the bar and go, I assumed, to meet up with my friends or his. Upon exiting the bar we began to discuss where to go next. He charmingly suggested, "Let's go make out in an alley somewhere." This is when I knew: ABF would not become a part of my life. I said no and that I wanted to go to where my friends were. He said he wanted to go to where his friends were. And so we parted ways.

ABF = Alley Boy Friend.

2) On Monday night my baby brother called me to find out my social security number. Turns out he's setting up a Roth IRA! This is something I've wanted him to do for awhile, so I am very proud of him. Fiscal responsibility always indicates an inkling towards maturity, right? Here's the conversation that followed:

ML: Oh, you need this info for the paperwork...where you list who gets what if you die?
Lil' Bro: Yeah.
ML: And you're listing me as the beneficiary?? Over mom and dad?
Lil' Bro: Yeah.

(There's a pause in the conversation as my chest swells with love and pride)

Lil' Bro: But that's just because you'll probably be around longer.

3) I have a problem. And it may be worst then my salsa-holism. I am addicted to linen. New sheets, new down, new fluffiness, you name it. Egyptian cotton, sateen, thread-count....music to my ears.

On Sunday, I went to Ikea with the Private. She needed to get new bed-related materials. I DID NOT need to get new bed-related materials. But then...I was surrounded by all the down and stumbled upon a pretty duvet and thought, "well, I've always wanted to get a lighter down comforter...one that would be less warm and good for the summer months." And then, as I perused the various options of down bedding, I thought, "well...I've always wanted a BIGGER down comforter and since I do NEED one for the summer season, I should get a less warm LARGER down comforter. Like a King sized one." But then, if I got a king comforter I would need to get a new duvet...but the duvet I wanted at Ikea was all out of the king sized stock. So I put it all back, hung my head, and walked away.

During the Monday and Tuesday that followed this Ikea adventure, I thought about this new large down comforter issue some more. In fact, I obsessed about it. Meanwhile, at night I tossed and turned in my bed under a comforter that could keep me alive in the arctic. Sleeping outside. In winter.

So when I woke up yesterday, sweaty and disgruntled from my thick-and-super-fluffy queen sized comforter, I decided that I a) needed to go with this summer/King plan, and b) needed to do it right away. Without waiting to make it to another Ikea. I didn't really like the Ikea duvet anyway...And so I went back to the internet, found one I loved and bought it at lunch! Last night I put it on my bed and I loved it so much that I couldn't sleep well because it was so nice and I wanted to enjoy every moment of being under it.

This morning, with new natural day-time light, I decided I needed to get the matching pillow cases. But they only have them to fit king sized pillows! So today at lunch I'm buying new pillows and cases! This has GOT to stop. Someone STOP me.

But only after I buy the new pillows/cases, okay?

4) I got my second test back last night. I will not boast or brag excessively, but I worked hard and studied lots and I got the only A! So if anyone needs someone to explain the metabolic processes behind lipid digestion in the small intestine, I'm your girl. And, I'm available for parties.

1 Comments:

Blogger Y. said...

I thought you were going to write about how quickly you metabolize food! I was going to be all jealous and stuff. =)

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com