Thursday, February 23, 2006

The 100th Day

I spent last weekend (plus a couple of days on either side of it), lounging in the tropical sunshine of Oahu. It was fantastic. I drank 100% kona coffee, ate luscious pineapple, indulged in the occasional malasada, surfed, soaked, read, and shopped. I slept an average of 10 hours a night. I got to see probably the most beautiful beach I've ever seen (Lanakai!) and some of the prettiest mountains in the world. There's something magical about jagged, steep lava mountains covered in green mossy growth and shrouded in mist. I also got to meet up with some family I haven't seen in awhile. It was a perfectly rejuvenating and therapeutic experience.

Upon my return, I have entered into a frantic, frenzied, stressful period of exams, trying to find student loans for next year, and catching up at work (sigh).


I guess it's good I got a vacation in when I did!

Today is my 100th day before my last day at work (including weekends and vacations). We're double digits here on out. This is a good thing, of course, but after learning that the government is giving me no financial aid, that my school gives only very small loans, and that the current school I go to is not an option for most private loans, I am FREAKING OUT. I'm not sure how I'm going to afford this.

Keep your fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Y. said...

You'll find a way Em. I'll keep my fingers crossed in the meanwhile though.

2:15 PM  
Blogger ka said...

i know this sounds cliche...but it will work out somehow.....

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com