Thursday, February 09, 2006

101 Dalmatians for You!

I am going to admit something here that is slightly embarrassing and definitely juvenile. Many of you might not know that I collect Disney Mugs. I collect only a very specific type of mug, and incidentally, right after I started collecting them, Disney stopped selling them. I collect the kind that have scenes from Disney's animated classics. There are no words or titles on them, no gaudy collection of characters, no "princess" or "villain" themes. Just simple scenes wrapped around the mug. They are hard to find because there are a lot of wordy, ugly mugs out there.

I started collecting them because of someone from college whom I am no longer friends with, JC. She had a big collection of them and I liked them. And she would drink out of the Sleeping Beauty mug in the morning ('cause she was sleepy. Isn't that cute?!?!). So I started my own collection. Here are the mugs I have:

  • Cinderella: The scene where her Fairy Godmother transforms her for the ball.
  • Alice and Wonderland: The Mad Hatter's Tea party. One of my favorites. I like to drink from it when it's been a crazy day.
  • Peter Pan 1: Tinker Bell Flying around Peter Pan after he captures Wendy from falling off Captain Hook's plank. I like to drink from this one when I wish I weren't a grown up.
  • Peter Pan 2: Peter fighting Captain Hook on his boat and saving the Lost Boys.
  • Aladdin: Jasmine and Aladdin flying on the magic carpet.
  • Beauty and the Beast: Belle and the Beast dancing when she's in her big yellow dress.
  • Sleeping Beauty: The scene where the Prince kisses her and wakes her up! One of my favorites. Like JC, I drink from this when I'm sleepy.
  • Snow White: The scene where she bites into the poisonous apple. I don't really like this movie or this mug. Snow White is kind of dumb.
  • 101 Dalmatians: I don't know what scene. There are a bunch of Dalmatians running around on it. 101, I guess. I don't really like this mug.
  • Lion King: The scene when the baby Lion (Simba?) looks into the water and sees his dad in his reflection. One of my favorites but I don't use it much.
  • Little Mermaid: When she's swimming around with Flounder, collecting people stuff. Like forks.

Because of all the studying I do lately, I have fallen back into my habit of drinking warm, comforting liquids as I toil through the night. And drinking such liquids more means I am around my mugs more. And being around the mugs more makes me want more mugs! And so, it was with some reluctance (and excitement) that I looked on eBay the other day. My initial search has led to the following outcomes:

  • I am now the proud owner of a Dumbo mug and a Lady and the Tramp Mug (the scene when they share spaghetti! "When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie...").
  • I lost out on a Lion King one (where they present Simba to all the animals). D*mnnit!
  • I am about to win a Fantasia mug. And it looks like I could win another Cinderella and two more Sleeping Beauty Mugs!

And so you all now know that I am just a big hopeful girl that wants to believe in happily ever after. And these mugs have somehow become a way in which I keep that part of me alive.

So laugh all you want. I love my mug collection. And if you are mean to me about this, and you ever come over, and I make you tea, I will give it to you in the Snow White or 101 Dalmatian mug.

3 Comments:

Blogger Y. said...

Not to toot my own horn, but since neither one of us are friends with JC anymore anyways, I'd like to point out that I was the one that suggested she match her mugs to her moods!

1:53 PM  
Blogger kq said...

But now you should also get each of the 7 dwarfs, so when you have a bad case of the "mondays," you can whip out your Grumpy mug, or sleepy, or dopey. The possibilities are endless! ;)

1:13 PM  
Blogger City Elf said...

V. cute. I used to have an awesome Little Mermaid mug (maybe the same as yours?) but it broke in one of a series of unfortunate accidents that broke most of my cool Disney mugs and glasbses. *sigh*

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com