Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A Second Start to the New Year

When 2005 ended and 2006 began I thought certainly 2006 would be a great year. Something about the sound of it. 'Six' rolls off the tongue better. It's more euphonious than 'five.' But so far I am disappointed to report that 2005 was better. Of course, we're only a month in so I'll reserve official judgment until we're at least past June.

On Sunday I got another tattoo. It's small and on the inside of my left wrist (where it can be covered by long sleeves, a watch, a bracelet and/or Band-Aids). It's the Chinese characters for "Inner Strength." Now that I am marked with this symbol, and now that I can see it all day long, I have no choice but to be strong, mature, grown up, etc. All those things that are related to part of my '06 NY resolutions.

Ironically, I ended up getting this Chinese character tattoo on Chinese New Year. So maybe my gut during those last few seconds on 2005 about how great 2006 would be was more in reference to the lunar new year. Maybe 2006 will be better now that I am branded with strength.


Here was the last second of '05:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the tattoo this weekend!!!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Y. said...

You should post a picture of it Em! And yes, the lunar new year is definitely a fresh start to 2006. It's much cooler and more meaningful anyways - following the moon's cycle and all. It's also the year of the dogs and you love dogs. =)

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com