Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Salsa-holism

I have a problem. Seriously. I have an intense addiction to salsa. I cannot get enough of it. Well, I cannot get enough of good salsa, that is. Sometimes entire meals consist only of chips and salsa. And that's not because I don't have other food around, it's because I LOVE it so much and want to eat only that.

I think that this salsa addiction is perhaps more serious than last summer's sushi period. Last week I went to Trader Joes and bought two new salsas along with two favorites. I finished these four containers of salsa within a week.

Here are some of the reasons why I love salsa:

1) It is sooooo yummy.
2) It is fat free!
3) It is easy to prepare and you need no utensils. Or dishes, even.
4) It provides a serving of fruit (and sometimes veggies depending on what other stuff is in the salsa).
5) It is a fun and interactive meal--pick up a chip, dip it in some tomato-y-goodness, put it in your mouth and enjoy the satisfying crunchiness.
6) It is challenging--you can't drip on yourself and sometimes it's hard to fit a salsa-laden chip all the way in your mouth.

Of course, there is no need for real concern here. If this food addiction is like any of the others one's I've had, it will fizzle out soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger vitamin g said...

i'm totally on a salsa kick too! i love it so. that and guacamole, mmm. who needs all that other food? just grab a bag of chips and some salsa and you're set!

4:07 PM  
Blogger ka said...

next time we are chillin in the LBC we should go to Super Mex....i LOVE their salsa

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com