Friday, November 18, 2005

No Smut Here

On Halloween, when the General and I were waiting in line for the restroom, we decided to entertain ourselves by practicing different poses for pictures (e.g. "be happy," "be sad," "be fierce"). This is all related to our obsession with America's Next Top Model, and more importantly it gave us something funny to do while we waited. Needless to say our photographic montage was a joke and never intended for public viewing.

The other day I had to go to Target to print some photos for a birthday gift I am working on. I edited them to the right size and stored them on my SD card. When I got to Target I found out that I stored them in a folder that was inaccessible. But you know what was accessible? Our montage. Our exaggerated faces were blown up and on the screen in a very public aisle during a very busy lunch break at a high traffic Target. It was sort of embarrassing. The computer was also very very slow and lingered for too long on each image. I tried navigating through the photos to see if I could find the ones I wanted to print, but it was taking FOREVER. I cancelled out of the program and asked the guy working there for help. This is what happened:

ML: "I'm having trouble finding the photos I want to print."


Target Employee: "Let me see the card."

ML: (hesitates and pauses) "Well, there are some private photos on there..."

Target Employee: "Well, if I can't see them then we probably can't print them. We can't print stuff like that...it's illegal."

ML, realizing that he's implying the photos might perhaps be inappropriate says emphatically: "Oh no, it's not like that. The ones I want to print are fine. They're of flowers!"

Target Employee: "Well I can't help you if I can't see the card."

ML: "Okay." (hangs head and walks away in shame).

The photos themselves weren't that embarrassing, but having to stand there with the Target employee as he SLOWLY navigates through 20 or so photos of the General and I being silly was something I wanted to avoid.

I went back later with the photos I wanted to print in the right place and all the "private" photos gone. I was hoping he'd be there so he could see that I was not wanting to print smut. But he was gone. He's probably telling stories to his friends right now about all the odd things he's experienced at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com