Sunday, November 06, 2005

Losing the Race to Ultimate Happiness

I found out on Friday night that my ex-boyfriend is engaged. We have only been broken up for a year and five months. And within a year and five months, he has found someone that is better than me. Better enough to marry anyway.

Now, I really am truly over him. And this is evidenced by the fact that while I heard this news Friday night, I had forgotten about it for much of Saturday. When I remebered it I was pissed off again, but it wasn't on the front of my mind and I take that as a good sign.

So I am angry about this not because he didn't want to marry me (we really were not right for each other) but because this is a sign that HE HAS WON. He has beat me in the race to ultimate happiness.*

"Race?" you might ask. Yes, Race. I want to be happy and in love and I am not. And now I have proof that he is. And that just sucks especially because he was the one to dump me.

Oh well. He's old. And I'm allowed to make low blows now without any guilt because I am the big fat loser here.

*I am equating "ultimate happiness" and "marriage" for melodramtic purposes only.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same thing happened to me. I ended up being a bridesmaid in the wedding. :)

7:43 AM  
Blogger kq said...

On the bright side, isn't it 60% of marriages now that end in divorce? You may still ultimately win!

9:30 PM  
Blogger vitamin g said...

at least your union is legally recognized. :)

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know...things could be worse...

someone forwarded me this posting, it's hilarious and horrific at the same time.

http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/msr/113233396.html

3:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com