Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Grab Your Partner, Do-Si-Do*

Aside from moving over the weekend, I also spent a little time at a Country Music festival. Odd you might think, considering I NEVER listen to country music, know nothing about it and don't particularly identify with "wild west/frontier" ideology. And yet there I was surrounded by cowgirls and boys adorned in hats, boots and big, big, buckled belts.

People everywhere were BBQ-ing slabs of meat and guzzling beer as Y and I sauntered in with wide eyes, hat-less heads, veggie burgers, baked lays, whole wheat buns and corona light. At least the Lays were BBQ flavor....It was fun tailgating and getting to know the people we were with. It was also fun experiencing something new. And, while I do adore my new cowboy boots, the whole scene is probably not for me.

Cowgirls, by the way, tend to be a little sl*tty. I guess it gives a whole new meaning to the term "hoedown."

Here are some photos from last week, all taken at the Country Bash.


This is my boot and my beer.











These are the boots from all the girls in our group.













See the throngs of cow-people heading off to the bash?



*This is a command from a square dance. I had to learn how to square dance in elementary school. My favorite is the Texas Star.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com