Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Adventures in Moving

Wow, these past weekend was busy! I got a total of 8 hours of sleep across Friday and Saturday night. Partly for responsible reasons (moving) and partly for irresponsible ones (partying Friday night and going out for Halloween Saturday night). Here's a little summary:

1) Friday Night: Super fun, random night out in the LBC. We had lots of fun posing ANTM style for my camera. Honestly, I think a camera is the most fun accessory for going out. It always adds a whole new layer of fun. And if people are drinking, they are more fun to take pictures of. It's too bad this blog is anonymous, otherwise I'd post some great photos of my friends and I.

What I learned: Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles is not open 24 hours.

2) Saturday morning/day: This was big time super hard core moving day. I am still sore from carrying furniture up stairs. But it went fast. All the furniture was in place by 1pm, then we unpacked and hung pictures and set up stereo/TV equipment. We didn't stop until 5:30pm. And I had to get ready for Halloween at 6:30. That left me an hour for a nap after getting only 3 hours of sleep the night before. Fabulous.

What I learned: Get more sleep.

3) Saturday night: Halloween. We were Brownie Troop 069 from Licking Valley (a real place, apparently). Too bad this blog is anonymous...some great photos. I had a good time that night but being so tired definitely put a damper on it all. And I have to say I had more fun as a Fanta girl last year.

What I learned: Get more sleep.

4) Sunday morning: My new, very anal landlord called at 8am to remind me of something she's told me a gazillion times. I couldn't sleep more after that because the sun was out and because I was anxious to finish unpacking. And we had to go and clean the old apartment too for our walk-through...So I spent Sunday unpacking, cleaning and being exhausted.

What I learned: it sucks to move.

Other news....

The Barista: I've been going to the Daily Grind because I have NO OTHER OPTION now (due to where we live and my route to work). I have encountered the barista each time and it is awkward and strange but I am forced to deal with it. It is my coffee-cross to bear.

Boys: NBF, for "new" BF, is very sweet and nice and he keeps talking about hanging out more. And, he called me early Sunday after seeing him Saturday night just to say hi. This can't go anywhere but that doesn't mean I don't want it to. And WBF, is WAY over. I don't even want to go into it but it all ended with him being dishonest, me calling him on it, him apologizing, and then a week+ of my oh-so-passive silent treatment.

The Newspaper: I had a meeting with the paper last week and have two new assignments over the next month. This is fun.

Photos of the Last week: I have so many good ones....I am getting so addicted to photography. It's like my release lately.

So that is an update on what's been going on. Happy Tuesday.

1 Comments:

Blogger vitamin g said...

wait, what is this nbf? how did i miss this? why can't it go anywhere, are you having a sordid love affair? :)

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com