Wednesday, November 16, 2005

When Bigger is Better

I found a new coffee place. It's fabulous because of the following:

1) It's neighborhood-y,
2) tasty,
3) on my way to work, and
4) none of the employees have dated me.

Like many of the other independent coffee shops in the LBC, it's an art gallery-coffee bar combo, so it's infinitely cooler than a Starbucks because, well, art galleries are just cool. The people who work there are nice and I already feel like a "regular". Most importantly though, they serve CAFE CON LECHE. I consider this beverage to be the nectar of the gods. For real. It's that good.

Normally I only indulge in CCLs when I'm traveling in other countries. I am allowed, while on foreign soil, to have as many as I want. Since I don't find them too often here in non-restaurant environments, I generally don't think about them much. But today I found dangerously easy access to a perfectly creamy, perfectly cinnamon-and-brown-sugar seasoned, perfectly hot CCL.

But the real beauty about all this? Like all things American, this CCL is much larger than the European/Latin versions.

Sometimes bigger is just better. God bless America.

2 Comments:

Blogger Y. said...

Ohhh, yum, that sounds delicious!

Speaking of nectar of the gods, Ambrosia apples are back in season!! Yay!!! (I know you and CH didn't love them for some unfathomable reason, but my roomie and sister agree they're crack-like.)

1:27 PM  
Blogger Follow the Frog said...

Well Y, CH and I did't like them because, well...they're just not that good. Cafe Con Leche's on the other hand...yum.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com