Sunday, November 11, 2007

Duck, Duck, Goose

It’s cold. And apparently, it’s going to get colder. It made me realize, more clearly, how my Southern California winter clothes just aren’t...well...real winter clothes. My jackets are cute, but they’re not all that warm. And they tend to be all more for a professional/work-oriented look. Some of my sweaters were bought several years ago, when I spent a lot more time in Chicago. With the ever popular low-rise pants trend, my sweaters have become more and more (unintentionally) cropped. Belly-button length. So that when you reach for something everyone sees your tummy. It’s very annoying.

So during this last week, when temps got down into the 30’s and 40’s, I bought some much needed sweaters and jackets. I love them all and can’t wait to wrap up in their warm goodness. One in particular is fabulous! It’s filled with down and goose feathers and it’s like wearing a (stylish) comforter when you walk around. The other day I was walking to the bus (in the dark, at 6 AM in 30 degree weather with an even colder wind-chill) and I couldn’t even feel the wind thanks to my beautiful new jacket. It occurred to me while I stood waiting for the bus with a sweaty back, that I totally get how the ducks do it. That is, how they survive the elements. With my new jacket, I too could become a duck.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com