Thursday, September 20, 2007

Where has the Evening Gone?

Sometimes when I feel overwhelmed to a medium degree (like 5 or 6 on a scale of 10), I respond by doing something completely unnecessary. Something that is not even on my radar of what needs to be done. Tonight I had two exams to study for and two papers to write, so what I ended up doing was this:

I've been wanting to make a picture wall for a long, long time. During the past few months I've slowly been collecting the frames and prints I wanted to display (thanks, in part, to some nice birthday gift cards). So this project has been in the works for a long, slow while, but tonight was the night that the magic happened!

Ta da!

Now...back to pathophys.

(P.S. I know the pictures aren't lined up symetrically. That is on purpose. It's to add whimsy and artistic flare. And I know not all of the frames are exactly straight yet. That is not on purpose. I need to buy a little leveler thingy from Home Depot--a project for another semi-busy evening.)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Tim and Yen said...

That looks great! I may have to talk Tim into something similar for our place...if we ever get anything up on the walls. =)

Good luck with the studying and being productive!

6:08 PM  
Blogger HB said...

I love the Photo Wall! I also understand the fine art of avoiding the overwhelming-urgent-projects by partaking in the not-necessary-but-still-very-important-projects... here's to calming-procrastination-projects!

6:40 PM  
Blogger ka said...

can't wait to see it in person!

1:46 PM  
Blogger kq said...

finally, ML! ;) Love the photo wall, great way to show off all the amazing photos you take. My 2 favorite home depot purchases have been a level(er) and an electronic stud finder.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

awesome...you are! love the pics!

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com