Thursday, March 30, 2006

These are the Days

Today is March 30th.

In two days it will be April 1st. That means, in two days, we'll be done with the first quarter of 2006 (and here at "The Man" headquarters, that means the end of our 06 Fiscal). Only 3/4's left in 2006.

So my question to everyone is, how did we get here?

It's 6 years after all the big Y2K stuff. The 1980's have become vintage--there are costumes and club nights and special radio programs devoted to it. This year would be my ten year high school reunion. Next the 90's will be wrapped up in flannel, alternative nostalgia. It's been so long since I've been in college, that I am actually required to re-take some courses from my lower division days for my upcoming nursing stuff. Just to make sure I remember it all (which is good, 'cause honestly, I don't remember everything I learned from the Microbio 6 course I took in winter quarter '98).

And while time is flying faster on a macro level--the space between my 18 year old self and my current 27 year old self grows almost exponentially--things seem to be speeding up daily too.

HOW is it already April?!?!

All I can do is shake my head. And count down to exciting future events. It is always okay for time to fly when you're looking forward, and so because ya'll love it so, here it is again:

16 days until warm, beach-filled sunshine in the Bahamas.
32 days until I get to give "The Notice"
56 days until warm, laughter-filled sunshine in Cabo with my "Grill" girls
And...63 days until the end of my marketing career.

And a new entry on the countdown list:

Assuming everything goes as planned, there are 1460 days (four years this fall) before I will start my career as a Nurse Practitioner. Incidentally that's smack right in the middle of my prime baby-making years. Joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com