Wednesday, March 22, 2006

More, More, More

Someone asked me the other day if I was happy. And even though she admitted she was not, I had to answer honestly--I am. Sure, there are days or moments when I'm not, for the various range of reasons, but overall yes, I am happy.

And in thinking about why it is that I am happy I came up with these reasons: There is nothing that I've really wanted to do and not done. I have explored (am exploring) almost every single passion I've had. And I don't think there is any person in my life who doesn't know how I feel about them. If I were to die today the only thing I would regret is not doing more. More travel, more loving, more living, more adventure. But there are no regrets over not having tried something. That's just not how I roll.

I'm not sure if it was this conversation or a recent fit of insomnia, but for some reason today I am feeling very nostalgic for the past. I miss my brother as a kid. I miss my next door neighbor Lauren, who for many years was like a sister to me. I miss being 20 and wandering Europe--armed with my best friend, hopeful idealism and a passion to do everything. I miss my dog.

But the fact that I miss all these things only means that I have great memories. And I am happy to have those. Now I want more.

3 Comments:

Blogger Y. said...

This is a really great post. Just reading it made me nostalgic too!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Follow the Frog said...

thanks Y! ;)

12:05 PM  
Blogger vitamin g said...

i like your take on missing, how very true. it does mean you have great memories.

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com