Sunday, April 02, 2006

Because I’m 28

So last night, very unexpectedly, I ended up going out with TCN and his trusty side-kick PW. I hadn’t eaten much food that day (including no dinner) and so I got a bit drunk a bit fast, and sure enough, the conversation between TCN and I turned towards our favorite topic, us. I don’t really remember how the conversation started, and I do remember repeatedly saying things that started with a “Well, I’m 28 and…[insert drunken pearl of wisdom here].” Which is funny for two reasons 1) I’m not 28, and 2) By pulling “I’m older then you are” logic, I actually acted more like a five year old.

Our conversation went on for a long time…so much so that PW ended up hanging out with others at the bar, and the random people we met throughout the night asked if we were married. A lot of other things were exchanged…he doesn’t think we’re friends, he thinks I just use him, he reminded me that he doesn’t like casual relationships, and he said my photography was too obvious. Some good things were exchanged too…he likes my new hair cut, he wants to go to this one photography exhibit we’ve talked about before, and he admitted, unsolicited, that sometimes he isn’t all the nice to me and feels guilty about that.

Of course, things turned romantic later in the night, and today things are back to the way they have been (a friendship). But I did enjoy this little exchange:

TCN: “I was so drunk last night…I think I still am.”
ML: “Well let me recap it for you: We’re no longer friends and my photos are obvious.”

LOL.

He responded to this with a sheepish smile, and commented that he vaguely remembered all those conversations. He retracted his friend comment, but not his photography one. So we’re still “friends,” I guess, but I’m never letting him live the photography one down. Which is going to bring me great pleasure when he asks me again about looking at my Hawaii photos.

The funny thing about the whole night is that it made me realize that I really am over him. And he was right, I think I do use him. But that’s okay, because 28 year olds can do that sort of thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Y. said...

I KNEW you'd end up going out with them!! But then again, I'm also "28" and therefore wise. =)

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com