Monday, December 12, 2005

Steak and Wine

Tonight when I got home from work TCN3 was BBQ-ing in the driveway. He greeted me when I got out of my car and walked to my apartment with me. Then he came in and kept me company for awhile (he was going to take some of our hot wings and he wanted to see how the apartment looked in the aftermath of the party). He sat for awhile and hung out. He even plugged in our christmas tree lights for us 'cause I was too tired to do it. The 16 year old son of the woman in Apartment 4 came over too. He and TCN are sort of brother like and I enjoyed watching them give one another a hard time. Then TCN asked if I wanted a steak. I was so tired and hungry I said 'yes.' (even though I am a "meat minimist"*).

So TCN made me dinner! We even had corn on the cob. And he rolled my corn in butter and seasoned it for me too because it was too hot for me to hold. I brought some wine and we watched the movie Elf. His sister came home half way through it and joined us. Then her boyfriend (from apartment 1) came over.

It was like something straight out of a college dorm. Except, in college, we didn't eat fantastic steak and didn' t yet know how to appreciate a bottle of 2000 Cab.

So TCN and I are supposed to go to this one bar later this week together. We'll see if it happens though...

Tomorrow night i have my second date with the guy I do not mention on here. Wish me luck!

*The term "meat minimist," a concept first invented by KAH, is someone like myself who has vegetarian tendencies but who REALLY likes beef and sometimes indulges because she either 1) craves it big time or 2) the cute neighbor is cooking for her.

2 Comments:

Blogger kq said...

Ooooh! Meat and men, what a perfect combination! I'm so sorry I couldn't attend your party. I would have much preferred having fun with y'all rather than sitting at home with a sinus infection :(

5:01 PM  
Blogger Y. said...

Cute! =)

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com