Thursday, December 15, 2005

ML and the Snooty, Judgemental, Prissy, Insulting, Meddlesome Co-worker

I have this friend at work (hint: her name is similar to KAH's and BD's and many of you have met her). I have never been very good friends with her because of several reasons 1) She is very snooty 2) She is very judgmental 3) She is very prissy 4) She is very into fixing people up--to the point where it can be meddlesome and 5) She thinks the idea of a good time is hanging out only with other couples.

On top of all this, she is sometimes insensitive (she's said so herself so this is not a sole ML observation). Combine this insensitivity with the characteristics above and one is bound to be insulted/judged/criticized in some way at some point by her.


Well today she basically called me sneaky and deceptive. She didn't come outright and say "ML you are sneaky and deceptive." Rather, she said someone we both know is that way and then she connected those characteristics with a group of people I am a part of. So I said, "That basically means you're calling me all those things." And she said, with big innocent looking eyes and a direct gaze, "Well you are."

Now within the context of the conversation, she is right. The deception/sneakiness she is referring to is the fact that I am changing careers and not telling people. But it is not the truth that bothers me here, its the way she says things! And it's the style and frequency of such comments that hurts. Maybe I am too sensitive, but I'm tired of her always implying that there are better ways to do everything and that those better ways are her ways.

Also, she said our Christmas party on Sunday night was "weird."

(I am sticking my tongue out at her).

Now....onto less annoying things: some boy updates. The perfect date from last week, aka "The date I do not speak of" (his nickname is now sort of like Voldemort), is being flaky and non-communicative. It is annoying and I am starting to think of him as less perfect. But TCN has been there to pick up the slack a bit. Last night he asked for my number, came over to look at pictures from the party, and asked about when we were going to this one wine tasting thing we've talked about. It was fun getting to know him better. And even though there is definitely no long-term potential with this one, he is attractive and that means I enjoy him in any capacity
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com