Sunday, October 02, 2005

A Redder Shade of Brown

Since going from blonde to brown hair, I’ve been “refreshing” my brown tresses with a semi-permanent wash in color thing that makes my hair darker (and hence, more dramatic). I can’t remember the brand I use, but the shade is “medium brown” and it lasts for a month or two before my hair fades back to a lighter brown color.

The other day, in light of all the changes going on, I thought it might be nice to try a more red-brown shade. So I bought the next shade up, called Cinnaberry, and used it on Saturday. It’s really just the same brown but with a slightly more reddish hue so I didn’t expect to get a lot of comments regarding the new shade. I honestly don’t think of it as that different. Here are some of the reactions I received last night:

Mother: After a few minutes of chatting, she says, “You’re hair is redder.” I nod my agreement. Then she says: “That’s okay…it won’t last too long.” I guess she doesn’t like it.

Friends: KA noticed about 10 minutes into meeting up and seemed to like it. BD didn’t notice at all, but then, we met in dark bar. So I didn’t expect a comment.

Random Guys from the BBQ I went to a few weeks ago: Every single of one of them said within minutes of saying hello, “You’re hair is darker!”

Funny thing is, we were in a dark bar. At night. I could barely tell a difference with my hair. Some of the guys didn’t even recognize me until one of their friends said, “her hair is darker.”


Very, very odd. But good I guess. I think it means that maybe sometimes guys do pay attention to little changes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com