Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Operation "Friendly Neighbor" Update

On Monday TCN came over to keep me company while I stressed about Christmas. He kept me entertained, complemented my photos, and helped me make decisions regarding what photos should go where. Aside from the fact that he hung out with me for two hours (while I worked) here are some small indicators about his potential affection towards me:

1) He loved one of my photos. So I gave him and extra print. He was very excited about that and said he'd go out right away to get a frame (he wants to put my photo up in his room!)


2) He showed off my photography to his graphic-design sister (who was a photog major).

3) His sister has warmed up to me and during a conversation even alluded to the fact that I would probably be spending time with TCN (and her and her BF) in the future. (She is not the nicest person sometimes and she's very close to TCN. So it's a good thing if she likes me).

4) He asked me for advice on what to do for some Xmas gifts.

5) He took my advice and called me about it (twice) before he went to the store I suggested.

6) He called me after he went to the store to tell me about the frame he got for the photo I gave him.

7) He told me a joke (sort of a dumb and immature one) but was embarrassed to tell it to the General. READ: He feels comfortable around me.


8) He thanked me for letting him hang out with me.

9) When saying good-bye, he gave me three hugs and we had a conversation about when we both get back from holiday stuff. A la "so I get back on x day..."

Of course, I am a girl so I notice all this while he is a guy and therefore not thinking about any of this. And maybe he just wants to be my friend...
But my boss (AKA the Evil Sith Lord) who is an ex-therapist said that all this behavior indicates he's into me. Of course, then the Evil Sith Lord said that all guys want is sex and that any meaning behind any apparent affection is because "all guys want is sex."

On another note, I had a date last night with he-who-I-do-not-mention. I've been a little disenchanted with him lately and so the date was fine--casual and fun. At the end he asked when we could see each other again. I told him of my schedule (which keeps me out of town a lot through the second week of January). He seemed disappointed because during the second week of Jan, he leaves for New Zealand for three weeks. It was really hard for me to say, "Well, you should have remembered all this when you flaked on me last week and were all of a sudden too busy to hang out over the weekend." Of course, that would make me sound like I am three. And I try to keep that part of my personality hidden from the world.

1 Comments:

Blogger kq said...

I read way too much into things when it comes to guys as well. But TCN definitely sounds interested! If he calls twice before going to a store and then calls afterwards too? Yeah. Good luck girl, and happy holidays!

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com