Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Spain, the Finale


So there you have it. The previous nine entries give the highlights of my trip to Northern Spain. There is more to tell, and maybe one day I will. Many of the other smaller details will unfold when I finally get around to putting up pictures. I hope to start that later today, actually. There are 1500 to go through so it is a daunting task.

I posted seven times today, and I realize that is a lot to read. Between you and me, it was a hell of a lot to write! My goal in talking about the Spain trip in installments hasn’t really been practical with my life recently. It’s been a crazy couple of weeks, and when I have had the time to sit and write, I haven’t had the mental energy to do so. Since coming back I’ve been sick twice, had a yard sale, moved out of my apartment, moved back into my parents house, went to San Francisco and ate out way too much.

[BTW, I’ve decided that leaving = fattening. But dinners and lunches are the perfect way to meet and say good-bye with friends. And since I’m often going to places I won’t be eating at for awhile, it provides the perfect justification for thoughts like this: “You won’t be here again for a long time…you definitely need to get that dessert.” “There isn’t a lot of (good) Mexican food on the east coast, you need that burrito!” ]

I won’t be able to blog regularly again for the next two weeks, so if you are one of the 3 people who read this blog, read a little at a time. Read it at work when you need a break! I tried to make it interesting and worth your while, and I’ve included pictures where possible.

I can’t believe I only have two full more days in So Cal. Before, I thought this week would be sad. Instead it all just feels a little surreal. I don’t really feel like I’m leaving. I feel like I’m just at my parent’s house for something like Christmas. I know that once I hit the road, the truth of it all my hit me as well. But until then, I’m going to keep eating Mexican food, reading in the sun, and sleeping in each day.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! I read your warning too late. I started at the bottom and read all the way up in one go. Now I'll be Frogless until you settle into MD. =(

9:38 PM  
Blogger kq said...

Phew! Fortunately I started reading at the beginning of the Spain trip, so I'll save the rest of the Frog entries and read them little by little. I totally know what you mean by leaving=fattening. I had so many "last meals" with people, and there's no way you can watch what you eat when you're celebrating and saying goodbye to friends. It's an emotional time. Emotion=eating.

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogroll Me!
I'm a C-list Blogebrity
Technorati Profile
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com